About the Vovk Foundation
The Vovk Foundation’s vision and initiatives are to provide opportunities for students, entrepreneurs, and engineers/scientists to advance their work and studies in the face of the unjustified and brutal invasion of Ukraine by the nation of russian terrorists.
The Vovk Foundation honors the memory of two patriarchs: Ivan Vovchuk, noted scholar, writer and leader of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) and his son Andrew, an accomplished engineer and technologist.
Working in partnership with the UNWLA, the Vovk Foundation has created a permanently endowed scholarship for students of Ukrainian heritage studying technology, engineering, arts and humanities.
Call for Applications
Eligible students are invited to prepare an application for the Vovk Foundation Scholarship. One selected student will be awarded $4000 to support their educational expenses. Applications must be submitted by June 1, 2023, by 11:59 PM EST. Applicants will be notified of their status by August 31, 2023.
2023 Vovk/UNWLA Scholarship award will be granted to
- persons of Ukrainian descent, including Ukrainian Americans, who have completed their freshman year at an accredited university.
- They will be full-time students, and will maintain a GPA of no less than 3.5.
- This scholarship will be available to undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students in the following fields:
- Physical and Natural Sciences
- Music/Creative Arts
- Applicants must reside in the U.S;
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age by the end of 2023.